If it wasn′t tough enough that you had to get a company website up and running, now it seems that you need to worry about this elusive and confusing SEO (search engine optimization). What?? SEO has to do with making your website easier to find when someone searches for it on a search engine like Google, Bing or Yahoo. You mean your site doesn′t just show up in the search results automatically? Well… sadly, no.
SEO is not an exact science, since all search engines work differently and are constantly changing their algorithms on how they find your site. They also are decidedly closed-mouthed about exactly HOW they search in order to keep fraudulent sites and practices from skewing search results. So, enough of the mystery… what exactly do you need to DO to get started?
What we can do for you
- First, we need to understand your business and your competition, so we give you a small assignment to save some time and expense. You know your business better than anyone else, so we have you write up some notes on exactly what your business does and who your customers are.
- Once we have this basic information, we can begin research into what makes a website in your industry rate high in rankings.
- Next, we research your competition to find out what is working and what is not. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.
- We have our copywriter write or edit your content so it′s easy to read and understand. If humans can′t understand it, search engines won′t either— they are smarter than you think!
- We pay attention to keyword density. A ‘keyword’ is a word or term that someone may use to search for your site. ‘Density’ refers to how often it is used on your web pages.
- We make sure the basics are covered with good html markup, descriptive page titles, and relevant page headings.
- We build your site so new content can be added frequently and easily— like integrating a blog, for example. The more often you update your content, the more often search engines crawl your site.
- Finally, once we implement your SEO strategy, we start tracking the results and modify the site as needed.
We refer to the basic list of SEO options above as the ‘organic’ portion of SEO. In other words, we′ve done all the groundwork and sown the seeds for your rankings to naturally grow on their own. But there are additional efforts we can make to give your SEO a boost. We offer options such as carefully building backlinks to your site, pay-per-click campaigns, or adding fresh content for you if your time is tight or writing just isn′t your thing. We can also give you detailed monthly statistics that are easy to understand and show you the results of our SEO work.
SEO statistics can be a little confusing. There is so much data, it′s hard to understand what is important and what it tells you about the progress of your SEO campaign. We can help you distill this data and give you great information about your current and potential clients. By looking into where a visitor lands on your site, how long they stay on a given page, and what page they exit from, you can gather insight into what information is important and interesting to your potential customers. Not only can this help your website strategy, but the info can carry over into other marketing channels you may use for your business.