- Open source Joomla CMS (Content Management System).
- Calendar and Events integration.
- Members-only social networking area.
- Members forum.
- Interactive House to show energy saving ideas
- Users earn points towards badges and rewards for completing various activities on the site.
- Online quizzes and home energy audits.
- AcyMailing component to manage mailing list, email blast and email newsletters.
- Full-featured integrated blog for staff to write articles and update news for their customers. Workload is spread around to several staff members, and constant new site content increases SEO.
- Worked with illustrator to create custom drawings for the Interactive House.
- Fully customized Joomla template.
Build an engaging, interactive site that could be a hub for “all things environmental” in Clark County. Create a place for the community to interact and share green ideas and to find lots of environmentally-friendly resources available in the county. Also provide an event calendar, a news blog, and a way to use the site to generate and manage a mailing list and monthly newsletters.
We chose the Joomla CMS as the most cost-effective way to integrate all the functionality needed and provide an easy-to-manage administrative area. Through some initial brainstorming sessions with the client, we came up with various activities to include on the site to keep users engaged, such as quizzes, home energy audits, an interactive house, and a points system that lets users earn badges and rewards as they visit and engage with the website. A key part of the site was to build a social networking and forum area so that users could build their own Green Neighbors community within the site.
We completely customized a Joomla template to create a fun, colorful website design. Working closely with an illustrator, we created detailed drawings for the Interactive House. And we customized and integrated a large array of Joomla components in order to build all the various sections of the site and to make sure everything interacts well together.