- Open source Joomla CMS (Content Management System).
- Calendar and Events integration.
- Integrated Google mapping with multiple locations.
- Full-featured integrated blog for staff to write articles and update news for their customers. Workload is spread around to several staff members, and constant new site content increases SEO.
- AcyMailing component to manage mailing list, email blast and email newsletters.
- Custom-built online event rental and facilities management application.
- Document management system.
- Custom-built online school group tour scheduling and reservation system.
Completely overhaul the existing CMS website to make it easier for the staff to make edits and add content. Improve navigation within the site and make a clear distinction between various landmark areas of the Ft. Vancouver National Site. Build the website so that all the pages will have consistency in style and typesetting, no matter who is editing the content. Create a rental management system for all the properties, and a school tour scheduling system for the Parks Service. And create a completely new design so the site is brighter and friendlier!
First, we proposed to build individual websites to distinguish Ft. Vancouver, the Pearson Air Museum, and the Independence Day celebration, instead of trying to fit them all into one huge site. This way we were able to give each of them their own design, identity, and content areas. By using the same navigation structure and page layout, there is enough continuity to easily navigate between the sites.
Since there was such a large committee that needed to approve the design and content of the site, we first developed prototypes using an online wireframing toolkit to allow everyone involved to voice their opinions and track changes. This allowed us to fully flush out any navigation problems of the old site before we ever began building the new sites.
We used the Joomla CMS for all three sites to make managing them as simple as possible for our client. Starting with the same template framework, we fully customized the design for each site. To give them the online tools they needed, we custom-built the facility rental management system and the school group tour scheduling system using an integrated Joomla component as a starting point.